We hope you are keeping well.
As many of you are aware, there has been an increased incidence of Covid-19 positive cases in our school over the past week or so. If your child is Covid-19 positive or has been identified as a close contact, please follow Public Health advice. In the main, children will be required to have a ‘not detected’ PCR test on day 10 before being advised to return to school.
Siblings of pupils with symptoms at school
The advice to schools has changed regarding siblings of pupils who present with symptoms at school. From now, siblings of pupils who present with symptoms at school will now also be required to be taken home from school. So, if one of your children has symptoms at school, we will ask you to bring all of your children at school home – and it is recommended all of them should seek a PCR test as soon as possible.
Symptoms of Covid-19
If your child displays any of these please do not send them to school:
- A fever of 38C or higher without another medical reason (such as chickenpox or a urine infection)
- A new cough (any kind of cough) or difficulty breathing or worsening of an existing breathing problem
- A loss of sense of smell, change in sense of taste, or loss of sense of taste OR
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- A runny or stuffy nose
- Aches, pains or tiredness
Please help us manage the incidence of Covid-19 by not sending your child to school if they have any of these symptoms. To get a free Covid-19 PCR test you can book a test online on the HSE website or phone a GP or out-of-hours GP.